Why is it important to monitor your heart rate when you exercise?
- Your heart rate is a convenient, reliable, personal indicator of the intensity of your exercise.
- It's good to know the intensity of your exercise so you can vary it depending on your fitness level and the goals you want to achieve by exercising.
Heart rate monitoring brings the following benefits to all levels of users:
- Teaches you about your body's reaction to exercise
- Keeps you from starting out too hard (as beginners are often tempted)
- Helps you control the intensity of your exercise routine
- Provides feedback on your improvement
- Helps you control the intensity of your exercise program under different circumstances
- Helps you fine-tune your program for the best results
- Gives you plenty of feedback both during and after a session, teaching you more about your body's reaction to exercise
- Helps you see how you're progressing
- Helps you make sure you work out at the right planned intensities for your training program (hard enough on hard days, light enough on recovery days, enough recovery between intervals, etc.)
- Enables you to track and accurately adjust your training program
- Teaches you about your body's reaction to training, providing an early warning of overtraining, flu, etc.
- Provides feedback on your progress
Contact me at email@example.com for more information.