Invite a Personal Trainer into Your Home!

Coach Celia Incorporated

Everything Fitness

NetFitLIVE


Testimonials

I have been working with Celia for just over 4 months in boot camp and have experienced tremendous results. Celia is energetic, creative, knowledgeable, and provides a safe and
fun workout experience. She truly takes her clients interests, needs and abilities into account when designing her workouts - whether it's a class with a variety of fitness levels or a one on one experience. I highly recommend Celia. She will keep you motivated and in shape!"

H.Kallinich
Marco Island, FL 2011-2012



Although I dislike exercise, I have found Celia to be very inspiring! I wasn't sure I could keep up the boot camp after the first night but with Celia's encouragement I kept coming back. I have enjoyed her insight and motivation. I will keep working out with Celia until I head back up north for the summer and boot camp will be the first activity I start once I return to
Florida in the fall. If Celia can keep me interested, she can do it for anyone. I highly recommend her. Celia, what will I do without you this summer!

C. McCoy
Marco Island, FL 2012

I HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE MARCO ISLAND BOOT CAMP FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS. IN THE
BEGINNING, I WAS ACTUALLY PATHETIC. WITH COMPLETE SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT FROM
CELIA, I FEEL LIKE I HAVE REALLY ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING. CELIA DESIGNED WORKOUT
PROGRAMS WHICH COULD BE ADAPTED TO ANY TYPE OF PARTICIPANT IN THE PROGRAM. HER
KNOWLEDGE, MOTIVATION, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT MADE BOOT CAMP A REAL
ADVENTURE. I WILL DEFINITELY CONTINUE IN BOOT CAMP."

D. Dubey
Marco Island Florida

Get FIT Get OUTSIDE!

My photo
An individual who possesses Arete´ lives a life shaped around the quest for one’s deepest well being and highest purpose, striving to realize their full potential, in all realms of sport and life. Outdoor Fitness is the way to help you achieve Arete´. Studies show we all are more stressed, more rushed, less focused and with less energy. By addressing all the parts of us—our body, our mind and our emotions, we can become more. We humans are so many things. We all have enormous potential and we are all a continuous work in progress. We must pay attention to our own Areté—our body, our mind, and our emotional power. Get Outdoors ! Find your Arete' Get off the rollercoaster of stress, non-focus, no energy. Hi! My name is Coach Celia and I am 51 years young and getting younger every day.I am a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer and love the outdoors! COME OUTSIDE! I will support you, encourage you, hold you accountable and be there every step of the way.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Organic Pros and Cons

Research shows the organic foods may have higher nutritional value than conventional food. The   absence of pesticides and fertilizers, allow plants to boost their production of the phytochemicals (vitamins and antioxidants) that strengthen their resistance to bugs and weeds. Several researchers claim several health problems related to resticides and foods.  A conversation with my physician brought the response that eating organic later in life played less a part in ones health as it does as a child.  I am not sure I was satified with this response which lead to ask more people's opinion. 

If we use the logic, that the damage is already done, why stop anything that is harmful?  I smoked as a young teenager and smoked for 20 years.  By quitting several years ago, research shows I reduce my risk of health effects of smoking....why isn't this true for pesticides in foods?  How long do they stay in our body?   Many are the same antibiotics humans rely on to fight infection.  Research shows that overuse may enable diseases to develop resistance, rendering them less effective in fighting infection, according to one, Chuck Benbrook, Ph.D., chief scientist at the Organic Center. If these antibiotics that are currently being digested through food were reduced or eliminated, would the same be true as in the smoking scenario?

An apple today is not the same as an apple of days gone by.  The pollutants that riddle the land reduce the richness of the farming soil.  It is a logical argument to me, that organic farming reduces pollutants in groundwater and creates richer soil that aids plant growth while reducing erosion.  It also decreases pesticides that can end up in your drinking glass.

There are benefits to organic; to our bodies and to the land. If you can afford it, buy local and organic, Farmers' markets usually carry reasonably priced locally grown organic and conventional food.  Local newspapers and local Google searches should provide a list of markets in your area.

If you can't always afford organic, a list is published and periodically updated labeled  "The Dity Dozen"; peaches, strawberries, nectarines, apples, spinach, celery, pears, sweet bell peppers, cherries, potatoes, lettuce, and imported grapes.  The fruits and vegetables on this list often require more pesticides to fight off bugs compared to hardier produce, making the levels higher and are worth the investment.

As organic farms multiply, I hope, like everything else in the competitive market place, that price will come down and the supply will become more plentiful.  The federal govenment also has some work to do to clarify what is and what is not organic.  The rules are written in vague terms which  for now, in my opinion, do not make all organics equal.


Reference taken from:The Truth About Organic Foods - Pros and Cons of Organic Food - Redbook

2 comments:

  1. Magnesium is one of the nutrients that is more easily taken up by OG grown veggies - especially the green leafy ones! My CSA 'medium' share costs ~$12- each week, and assures that I always have fresh, local in season (or easily stored carrots, squash, potatoes ...) and can supplement with occasional farmers market purchases, and my own garden's offerings. That's less than $2- daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip! magnesium is vital to over 300 functions in the human body. Another reason to add organic vegetable to diet. I belong to a co-op, that also benefits the local elementary school. The co-op works with the students and teaches them how to plant and harvest healthy fruits and vegetables which is another benefit all in itself. Teaching the next generation self-sufficiency and sustainability.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Fitness Connect